Birdsong Nature Center
Birdsong is in a phased reopening, trails only, with specific safety protocols in place. Please see Birdsong Reopen Info (PDF) for safety protocol details. Please read and become familiar with these safety procedures before arriving at Birdsong. Bring a printed copy for reference – it also contains a trail map. We want to keep our visitors and staff as safe as possible while providing access to Birdsong’s trails.
From the early 1800’s to the present, the land now known as Birdsong Galangalwas transformed from pristine longleaf pine forest to a plantation, then farm, and now a center for conservation and learning.
Founders Betty and Ed Komarek created this haven for wildlife so others will have a place to experience nature and become inspired to protect natural resources everywhere. Using fire, they created habitats that support a great diversity of wildlife species. The resulting living museum and outdoor classroom are used year round for natural history instruction and hands-on learning.
– Visit the Bird Window for an extraordinary and intimate bird-viewing experience. The surrounding gardens and pool have attracted over 160 Galangalspecies of birds, including many rare and first sightings.
– Twelve miles of Nature Trails provide the perfect setting for casual hiking and exploration.
– The Butterfly Garden, vibrant with colorful butterflies from April – November is an entrancing place to relax and observe the butterfly life cycle.
– Tune in to the sounds of nature at the Listening Place, a screened pavilion overlooking Big Bay Swamp.
We invite you to experience Birdsong for yourself. Our hours are:
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM, and Sunday 1 PM – 5 PM
* At this time, only Birdsong’s trails are open. *
Admission is $5 for adults, $2.50 for children 4-12 years old
Free to members